What is Seedcorn?
The 2020 Seedcorn competition is now open for entries.
The Seedcorn competition mirrors the real life investment process and can greatly improve your ability to attract investment for your business by helping you and your business become investor ready. The competition is aimed at early and new start companies that have a new equity funding requirement and has a total cash prize fund of €280,000.
Official Rules and Entry kit
- For companies under five years old at 31 May 2019 and who are seeking to raise new equity of between €50,000 and €299,999.
- For companies under five years old at 31 May 2019 and who are seeking to raise in excess of €300,000.
There are nine cash prizes up for grabs and entrepreneurs compete against each other regionally before competing for the all-island Best New Start and Best Early Stage Company titles.
Every business idea / plan submitted is reviewed by our investment experts and you are given individual feedback on request. Shortlisted companies also get a unique opportunity to pitch to investors and business leaders.
- €100,000: Overall winner
- €50,000: Best Category Winner
- 6 x €20,000: Regional Winners
- €10,000: Special Award Winner for the best venture stemming from a university spin-out or support programme